Shree Arasuri Ambaji Temple located around 50 km away from Mount abu, in dist Banaskantha of Gujarat, is among the 51 Shakti Pithas. There is no idol of goddess the holy “Shree Visa Yantra” is worshiped as the main deity. The original impression of Ambaji mata is on gabbar hilltop i.e. 5 kms away and can be reached by walking on stairs or Rope Way. A large mela on Bhadarvi poornima (full moon day) is held every year in which millions of pedestrian pilgrims, devotees, tourists arrives to worship the sacred place on this auspicious day.
Facts and Beliefs
– There is no idol or statue of goddess, but a simple cave like Gokh in the inner wall in which A Gold Plated Holy “Shakti Visa Shree Yantra” is worshiped as the main deity, The Yantra having kurma back convex shape and 51 Bij letters therein, connected with that of the original Yantras of Nepal and Ujjain Shakti Piths, is also ritually installed in such a way it can be visible for devotion, i.e. one can not see the Yantra with a naked eye.
– According to the ancient Scriptures, the heart of the goddess Devi Sati, fell at the top of this holy hill of Gabbar when her body was dismembered, as per the legend narrated in the “Tantra Chudamani”.
-The famous mountain of Gabbar is situated on the border of States of Gujarat and Rajasthan, near the flow of the origin of the famous Vedic virgin river SARASWATI, on the hills of Arasur in forest, towards south-west side to ancient hills of Arvalli, at the altitude of about 480 meters, at about 1600 feet high from sea level, having at 8.33 km2 (5 sq. miles area ) area as a whole
– Temple is originally built by Nagar Brahmins. The architecture of ambaji temple is very artistic, A glorious Pot or Kalash shines at 103 feet height on the top of the temple, weighing more than 3 three tones as a whole, plated with pure gold, attached with The Holy Flag of Mata Ambaji and Trishul.
– In Ramayana period ,Lord Rama and Laxman came to the forest of Mount Arbuda or Abu, in search of Sita after Ravana abducted them. Shringi advised them to worship goddess Amba at Gabbar. The goddess presented them an arrow, called Ajaya, with which Lord Rama finally killed Ravana. In Mahabharata period ,the Pandavas worshipped goddess Ambaji during their exile. They gave Bhimsen a garland called ajaymala which would ensure victory in battles. They gave Arjun divine costumes for disguise as Brihannal in their last year of exile while hiding at the court of Virata. As per another legend , Rukmini, the daughter of King Bhishmak of Vidarbha, worshipped goddess Ambaji here to make Lord Krishna her husband.
– Rope way (Udan Khatola) ride to Gabbar
– Tasty prasad “Chakki”
– Poshsud Punam ( Birthday of goddess Ambaji )
– Big Religious fair on Bhadarvi poornima (full moon day) in September
– Garba in Chachar Chowk for all nine days of Navratri and Havan Yagna
– Timings: Temple is open all the days of the week, 07:00 am to 11:30 am, 12:30 pm to 04:30 pm and 06:30 pm to 09:00 pm.
– Contact: 0091-02749- 262136 / 264536 / 262930 / 262636.
– Address: Shri Arasuri Ambaji Mata Devasthan Trust (SAAMDT), Trust Reg. No. A-497 (B. K.), Ambaji, Dist : Banaskantha, Gujarat (India), Pin : 385110.
– Online: ambajitemple.in, email@example.com
– Accommodation: Sri Ambaji Devsthanam trust provides plenty of Guest houses and yatri nivas starting at Rs 50/- and many good hotels and resorts can easily be found near by temple.
How to reach
– By Road: It is situated at a distance of approximately 50 km from Mount Abu and 20 km from Abu Road, 42 km from Shri Amirgadh, 65 km from Palanpur, 179 km from Ahmedabad, 50 km from Kadiyadra near the Gujarat and Rajasthan border.
– By Rail: The nearest Railway station is in Abu Road around 20 km away and another one is in Palanpur located 60 km from Ambaji.
– By Air: The nearest Airport is located at Ahmedabad approximately 179 kms from Ambaji another one in Udaipiur around 180 km away, however there is a Air Strip in abu road just 20 km away but its reserved for ministers campaigns and meetings.
Try your level best to come to visit this holy place, worship Ambaji with all mind, body, heart and soul and you will feel immense happiness and many of your worries would vanish like a miracle with the blessings of MAA AMBE.